Module 3: Invasive Candida Infections
This learning activity has been designated to a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
After completing this educational activity, the learner should be better able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of invasive candidiasis/candidemia.
- Understand the microbiology of the organisms producing invasive candidiasis/candidemia.
- Define the populations at risk and the risk factors for invasive candidiasis/candidemia.
- Understand the pathogenesis of invasive candidiasis/candidemia.
- Understand the conditions when the empiric use of antifungal agents may be used in febrile non-neutropenic patients in the ICU setting to treat occult invasive candidiasis.
This learning activity is intended for oncologists, hematologists, infectious disease specialists who treat transplant patients and other patient populations at risk for developing fungal infections.
Release Date: December 31, 2008
Expiration date: December 31, 2009
(*Please check this box to proceed - required)
Start the Module