Module 2: Mechanisms of Action of Antifungal Agents
This learning activity has been designated to a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
After completing this educational activity, the learner should be better able to:
- Understand the general structure of fungi and the potential targets for antifungal agents
- Understand the mechanism of action of antifungal agents
- Recognize the spectrum of activity of different antifungal agents
- Understand the mechanism of resistance of antifungal agents
- Understand the general concepts and limitations of in vitro susceptibility testing of antifungal agents
This learning activity is intended for oncologists, hematologists, infectious disease specialists who treat transplant patients and other patient populations at risk for developing fungal infections.
Release Date: September 30, 2008
Expiration date: September 30, 2009
(*Please check this box to proceed - required)
Start the Module